In the academic year 1975-1976 there were approved to learn in the first year 32 students, and three new members of academic staff: Fejzi Kolaneci, Skënder Sosoli, Mina Nune.
In the year 1976 we see the first 35 graduates from Higher Agricultural Institute of Korça. Starting from the year 1976 until the year 1990 from the Higher Agricultural Institute were graduated 1200 specialist for agriculture.
By increasing the number of the students, especially during the years’80 and on, we see a great number of the academic staff. They were: Evri Pepo, Aleksandër Qeleshi, Irena Kallço, Pandi Zallëmi, Thoma Qirjo, Valentina Dinella, Gjergji Çule, Kristaq Titili, Mira Zaimasi, Bashkim Jahollari, Dhimitraq Skënde, Elfrida Dhamo, Van-gjush Nikolicari, Agim Baçi, Spiro Gjançi, Svjetllana Trebicka, Edi Joxhe, Kozeta Mano, Ilir Manushi, Sitki Mullaj, Mimoza Shpata, Thoma Nasto, Thoma Plaku, Irena Nikaj, Irena Vangjeli, si dhe pedagogët ishstudentë të këtij instituti: Edmond Spahiu, Maksi Gjata, Gjergji Mero, Niko Roshanji, Ilir Mehmeti, Rahmi Memetllari, Robert Naçi, Irini Qëndro, Robert Damo.
Actual Academic Year:
2-YEAR vocational PROGRAMS
- Infancy and early childhood education
- Communication, library and archive office assistant
- Agricultural business management
- Veterinary Management
- Techniques of seed and seedlings production
- Social Service
- Assistant Manager
First cycle study programs:
- Philosophy – Sociology
- Mathematics – Physics
- Mathematics – Informatics
- Biology- Chemistry
- Information technology
- General nurse
- Midwife (nurse)
- Administration and Social policies
- Language and Literature
- English Language
- French Language and Literature (second and third year)
- History – Geography
- Preschool teachers
- Primary education teachers
- Business administration in Marketing
- Business administration in Tourism
- Finance and accounting
- Business Informatics
- Business and commerce
- Agribusiness management
- Plant medicine and Horticulture (third year)
- Agricultural engineering
Second cycle study programs “Professional Master”
- Modern Telecommunication Systems and Internet Technologies
- Public Administration
- Primary education teachers
- Finance – accounting
- Business administration
- Bank and Insurance
- Integral rural development
- Food quality and safety
- Agrarian engineering, profile horticulture
Second cycle study programs “Master of Science” and “Master” in Teaching
- Social Philosophy
- Teachers of Mathematics, Informatics and Physics
- Teaching biology – chemistry
- Teaching Social Sciences
- Media, Culture and Editing
- Teaching primary education classes I-V (second year)
- Teacher of English language
- Teacher of Albanian language and Literature
- Teaching History and Geography
Third cycle study program in the field of Agriculture
- PhD studies in Sustainable Horticulture
“FAN S. NOLI” university is composed of 4 faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Education and Philology
- Faculty of Economy
- Faculty of Natural and Human Sciences
Faculties are organised in 14 departments and 2 teaching and research groups.
The University has a centre of excellence, as a basic research and training unit, whose mission is to provide training sessions on teachers of primary and secondary schools, as well as to prepare specialists in the field of education.
Part of the faculty of Agriculture is also DEE (The Didactic and Experimental Economy) which occupies 35 ha of land in the nearby area to develop professional practices of the teaching programs.
University of Korca has approximately 5000 students from all regions of Albania.
At the university “Fan S. Noli” teach 160 full -time pedagogues, 70 per cent of whom hold titles and scientific degrees. There are also a considerable number of invited pedagogues and professors.
University “Fan S. Noli” has a modern laboratory infrastructure, teaching auditoriums with video projectors, 4 libraries – one on each faculty, a Science library, over 300 computers with internet access, green free space etc. Every faculty has its own library, laboratories, suitable space for the development of professional practice. There are 120 seats for students to use the internet.
University “Fan S. Noli” has teaching facilities in 6 buildings, with an area of 12.423 m2, and green relaxing facilities in each of the buildings.
Today the University “Fan S. Noli” is the largest centre of education, culture and science in Korca region and beyond. It is involved in the European Area of Higher Education, and works hard to achieve the European standards.